August 09, 2011

Finger Friendly Nachos

At least once a week, I prepare a meal that requires using only fingers to eat. How I came up with this "tradition" is still vague, but the kids think it's great to eat with their fingers.  I love the challenge of trying to come up with a different utensil-free meal every week. But sometimes I revert back to an all time favorite.  Here is a finger friendly yummy meal that can be prepared in 15 minutes or less.

You will need:
1 box of Velveeta Mexican Yellow Cheese
2 packages of cooked breakfast hot (spicy) sausage links
1/2 cup milk
1 can chopped tomatoes and green chile
1 can sliced jalapeños
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips

Cut the cheese (ha! never thought I'd write this in a blog...) into four pieces and place in a glass bowl large enough to hold all your ingredients. Add milk and microwave until all cheese is melted.  I microwave the cheese and milk 3 minutes at a time and it usually takes about 6-7 minutes to get the cheese melted.  Make sure to blend the cheese and milk until you get a smooth mixture. Chop each breakfast link into 6 pieces.  Add links and drained can of chopped tomatoes and green chile to cheese and mix.  Microwave for 2 minutes more.  Serve over a pile of tortilla chips and top with jalapeños.
And that's it.  Dinner is served...
now go wash your hands, it's time to eat.

7 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

Thank you so much for making our linking party rawk this week...
You are featured this week at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/nbcs-america-got-talent-and-our-own.html
Thank you,
Maggie

LrSchwtz said...

What a fun idea! I'm sure the kids love looking forward to this meal each week! Everyone loves nachos. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

Yummers! Can't go wrong with nachos!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
Thanks,
I hope to see you again!

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

What a fun tradition to have a finger food night! My kids always eat with their fingers. Maybe I'll have to start this tradition and I can join in on the fun!

bateys said...

cliquez ici pour plus d'informations répliques de sacs à main gucci naviguez vers ce site Dolabuy Chrome-Hearts redirectez-vous ici www. dolabuy.co

sheshaez said...

7a replica bags wholesale visit this site z4n92d1h77 replica chanel bags ebay joy replica bags review replica hermes handbags k1y67j9r74 replica bags paypal replica bags in gaffar market visit here a0j02c4f21 replica bags australia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...