April 06, 2011

Can You Spot The Difference?


Picture 1

Picture 2
Did you see it? Neat, huh?  Amazing what a small change can do for a pair of sandals.  And the really nice thing about this small transformation is that the change is NOT permanent. I found this pair of cute wedge heeled sandals at Goodwill for $3.99.  While I like the simplicity of the look, I also wanted to jazz it up some.  Now I can have both looks with a simple ribbon snap.


You will need the following:

~ a pair of your favorite sandals
~ scissors
~ small sew-on snap  
~ small flowers (I used leather peonies that I made for another pair of sandals.  I just cut them off.)
~ matching thread and needle
~ matching ribbon (I used Seam Binding that I found in my grandmother's stash of vintage sewing supplies. Can you believe it was .19 cents for 3 yards!) 

First measure how much ribbon you will need to make a loop around the toe strap of your sandals.  To that measurement add 1/2 inch and then cut.  Next, fold the ends about 1/4 of an inch and sew on a snap at each end.  Last, sew on your flower to one end of the ribbon.  Now, wrap the ribbon loop around your toe strap and SNAP!!  Instant glam. You can attach anything to the ribbon loop and double your shoe wearing pleasures.

With the pretty leather flower
Without the pretty leather flower
Here are two of my little photo shoot helpers.  Weren't they wonderful?  My son and daughter thought so.
.












1 comment:

Julie said...

You are such a smarty pants! What a genius idea. I need to do this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...